This is the v2 fork of the Open Watcom suite of compilers and tools.
Main differences from Open Watcom 1.9:
- New two-phase build system - Open Watcom can be built by the host's native C/C++ compiler or by itself
- Code generator properly initializes pointers by DLL symbol addresses
- DOS tools now support long file names (LFN) if appropriate LFN driver is loaded by DOS
- Open Watcom is ported to 64-bit hosts (Win64, Linux x64)
- Librarian supports x64 CPU object modules and libraries
- RDOS 32-bit C run-time compact memory model libraries are fixed
- Resource compiler and Resource editors support Win64 executables
- Open Watcom text editor is now self-contained, it can be used as standalone tool without any requirements for any additional files or configuration
- Broken C++ compiler pre-compiled header template support is fixed
- Many C++ compiler crashes are fixed
- Debugger has no length limit for any used environment variable
More info, downloads, ...